The Level 3 course is aimed at workers who are responsible for the care of clients in the setting. Workers may also be in charge of care plans and some support staff.
What You Study
- Promote Effective Communication For and About Individuals
- Promote, Monitor and Maintain Health, Safety and Security in the Working Environment
- Reflect on and Develop your Practice
- Promote Choice, Wellbeing and the Protection of all Individuals
Optional Units Include
- Contribute to Care Planning and Review
- Support Individuals to Access and Use Services and Facilities
- Contribute to Planning, Monitoring and Reviewing the Delivery of Service for Individuals
Duration and Attendance
Part-Time - Flexible Start Dates
Study is undertaken in your own time and you are assessed in your workplace. The College offers tutorial support. Individuals may also use accounts to part-fund this course.
No formal requirements but candidates would need to be in the appropriate job role to complete the qualification. Interested persons would have a one-to-one interview to match the job to the correct level of qualification.
Progression and job opportunities include registration with the Scottish Social Services Council at appropriate level. Candidates will be qualified to carry out jobs at the appropriate level.