This 2 day course provides managers with the opportunity to develop their understanding of strategic positioning, planning and implementation.
What You Study
The subjects studied include:
- To identify and develop the knowledge and competencies associated with the strategic management of the business
- To develop a strategic understanding of the internal and external environments within which your organisation works
- To recognise the importance of managing collaborators, competitors, stakeholders, structures and systems
- To be able to review the current corporate strategic position and determine the desired future strategic position
- To develop your strategic planning skills and be able to assist in the production of a Strategic Plan
- To identify the hard and soft issues arising from the implementation of a strategic plan
- To develop the management skills required to manage the data and processes that can impact on the successful achievement of the strategic objectives
The programme consists of 4 key sessions over 2 days employing a range of diagnostic and self-assessment tools, analytical models and tools, discussion forums, case studies, role-play and post-course activities.
The first session identifies the current corporate strategic position and the tools that can be used to gather data for analysis from the external and internal environments. The results are then analysed and the participants identify the steps required to meet the current and future needs of the business
Identify the key stages within the strategic planning process, including setting strategic objectives, timescales and required resources. Explore and evaluate alternative strategies that are possible to meet the desired strategic position for the organisation
The session focuses on the production of Strategic Plan and how this should be presented and its’ impact on the stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation and how you propose to secure their ongoing commitment and support
Develop your management competencies around communication, developing alliances, involving people and gaining support. Develop competency to deal with the required changes to strategic implementation in the light of changing internal and external environment.
As well as being open to any individual, this course can be delivered:
- to meet individual company requirements
- to company housestyles and templates
- within company premises
- specifically to a group or team of staff
This course is also accredited with a Professional Development Award (PDA) by the Institute of Leadership & Management
Duration and Attendance
- 4 sessions over 2 days
- Delivered at Carnegie Conference Centre, Dunfermline
£395 (ex VAT) – includes all course materials, refreshments and a 2 course lunch each day.
The programme is targeted at Middle and Senior Management and those who need to develop their competencies to contribute at a strategic level within the organisation. It is intended for the manager or director who has the authority and personal skills to develop and implement organisational strategy.