There is much confusion about what “Equality and Diversity” means, and many people are wary of dealing with Equality and Diversity issues for fear that they may do or say something wrong. This course is aimed at making things clearer for Managers so they can manage, and staff so they can be aware of the right way of acting in the workplace.
You want to proactively understand issues relating to discrimination, victimisation and harassment in the workplace, and develop the confidence to prevent them, and deal with them if they are alleged. Attendees will understand what is meant by equality & diversity, quantify what needs to be done personally, and how to promote best practice within the organisation.
What You Study
- Introduction to Equality and Diversity
- Equality and Diversity Legislation
- You and Promoting Equality and Diversity
- Areas of discrimination – who is protected?
- What does it mean for managers in the workplace?
- Identifying types of discrimination – how and when does discrimination occur?
- Understanding diversity
- Managing diversity in the workplace
- How to challenge inappropriate behaviour
The key learning outcomes are for you to
- Understanding the legal framework of discrimination law
- The challenges of managing a diverse workforce
- The risks of failing to address issues of inequality in the workplace
- How to deal with allegations of harassment and other forms of discrimination
Duration and Attendance
1 day 9.30am – 5.00pm
Carnegie Conference Centre, Halbeath Road, Dunfermline, KY11 8DY
£175 + VAT per person
Price includes all course materials, refreshments and a 2 course lunch at our restaurant.