How to Understand and Speak with Confidence About Financial Issues in Your Business. This course provides grounding in key financial documents, processes and terminology for non-financial managers.
What You Study
• The legalities of Finance
• An introduction to Business Finance
• Jargon to watch out for!
• Accounting Fundamentals
• Making profit
• Ways to make and increase profit
• Evaluating business opportunities
• Measuring business performance
• An understanding of the basic principles and terminology of finance
• How to interpret key financial information
• How to communicate and present your financial position and budgets more credibly to your colleagues
• The difference between turnover, profit, and cash flow
• An understanding of the methodologies and language of the finance function
• How to read and understand annual reports and company accounts
• Key approaches to calculating profitability and liquidity
• How to evaluate projects from a financial perspective
Benefits of Attending
You’ll have developed an understanding of key financial documents and financial terminology used in business. You’ll be able to interpret financial information and use financial reports to manage your day-to-day business activity.
Who Should Attend
You are a Manager or Business Owner wishing to gain a clearer understanding of the fundamentals of business finance, and how finance impacts on the decisions that are made on a day-to-day basis, either at a departmental or company-wide level.
Duration and Attendance
This is a one day course however the content can be tailored to ensure you get the most out of this training.
We recommend those wanting to gain a deeper understanding of Finance undertake our 2 day programme. This enables you to bring in annual reports, company accounts and other documentation for the trainer to work with, so that you gain a more hands on experience.
£175 per person
This includes all course materials, refreshments and a 2 course lunch in our restaurant.