You work with people (staff, managers, or customers) who have “challenging” behaviour and you want to learn how to deal effectively with your own emotions, and how to communicate with anyone. Attendees will leave the course with a clear plan of how to improve their communication skills, enabling them to achieve the right results with the right people at the right time. Our Positive Behaviours and Effective Communication course is designed to improve your communication skills with others; face-to-face, in meetings or on the telephone.
What You Study
- Engage with others and understand the impact you have on them.
- Define and deliver the image you want to portray.
- Identify a variety of different communication styles in action and learn how to adapt your style to better influence others.
- Communicate your message clearly, concisely and assertively, and ensure you have understood the message others are communicating to you.
- Recognise how behaviours impact the effectiveness of communication and select the most appropriate behaviour to the person and the situation.
- What makes a good, bad & fantastic experience?
- Building rapport
- Understanding your own Values, and the power of Values
- Communication Triads: what makes up the message that is interpreted
- Different behaviours
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Presenting a positive image
Duration and Attendance
1 day – 9:30am to 5:30pm
Carnegie Conference Centre, Halbeath Road, Dunfermline, KY11 8DY
£175 + VAT per person