Any part of an organisation that gathers data, which is then required to be manipulated to inform decision-making such as sales/purchasing strategies or stock control, would benefit from using Access.
What You Study
Microsoft Access can be delivered to introductory, intermediate and advanced level. Each level is scheduled into a 1-day programme which is trainer led.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Define a database structure and templates
- Create tables, enter and edit data, modify table design
- Understand relationships between data
- Create a form, enter and edit data in a form, customise the form design
- Introduction to queries and reports
- Customise forms and create subforms
- Create command buttons and link and embed data
- Create and use queries
- Create a report, using queries to select records
- Build “expressions” and calculations in reports and queries
- Create and use Action queries
- Advanced field properties, data validation, lookup fields
- Joins and relationships
- Understand, create, edit and save a macro
- Create menu bars, macros and custom toolbar buttons
- Event-driven procedures
- Database security including user-level security
As well as being open to any individual, this course can be delivered:
- to meet individual company requirements
- to company housestyles and templates
- within company premises
- specifically to a group or team of staff
Duration and Attendance
This one day short course is delivered at Carnegie Conference Centre.
£185 (ex VAT)/level
Includes all course materials, refreshments and a 2 course lunch.
As a working knowledge of the full range of ICT packages is becoming a core competence within any workforce, this programme would be suitable for anyone who works with or manipulates data at any level within an organisation.