What You Study
Qualification: Professional Institute Qualification
This License to Practise Level 3 Qualification in Refrigerant Handling for Mobile Air Conditioning Systems is for those who are already practising in the industry and require the prescribed certification to practise. The qualification is also a platform for progression to the full Level 3 Mobile Air Conditioning Systems (5101).
The course comprises learning and assessment of knowledge and understanding and practical competence in:
- Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases Regulations
- Health and Safety Regulations in Relation to Mobile F Gas Handling
- Refrigerant Identification
- Refrigerant Recovery and Transfer Equipment and its Use
- Handling Refrigerants
- Record Keeping
- Assessment is a practical and oral test.
- Working safely at all times, complying with Health and Safety legislation, regulations and other relevant guidelines
- Planning the machining activities before starting them
- Obtaining and preparing the appropriate materials, tools and equipment
- Mounting and setting the required work holding devices, work piece and cutting tools
- Setting and adjusting the machine tool speeds and feeds to achieve the component specification.
- Using the machine tool controls safely and correctly in line with operational procedures
- Producing machined components which combine different operations
- Measuring and checking all dimensional and geometrical aspects of the component are to specification
Method of Study
Workshop and classroom based. The courses are delivered by our engineering professionals who are well known throughout Fife for their expertise and quality.
Duration and Attendance
You should be currently practising in industry and have a good working knowledge of mobile air conditioning systems and servicing equipment.
Progression to the full City & Guilds VRQ Level 3 Mobile Air Conditioning Systems Award or undertake further study. The full City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Mobile Air Conditioning Systems comprises:
- Unit 1 - Refrigerant Handling for Mobile Air Conditioning System
- Unit 2 - Testing and Servicing Mobile Air Conditioning System
- Unit 3 - Advanced Diagnostics for Mobile Air Conditioning System
Completion of this course provides the necessary license to practise and can lead to employment in the motor vehicle industry or mobile air conditioning sectors.
Fife College, Future Skills Centre, Stenton Road,
Glenrothes, Fife, KY6 2RA