This course is designed to give an introduction to the four main methods of NDT.
Theory of all methods as well as hands-on practical work will be covered, using a variety of test equipment. A comprehensive range of fully authenticated test specimens is available.
What You Study
NDT methods, including:
- Surface methods – magnetic particle and penetrant inspection
- Sub-surface methods: ultrasonic thickness measurement, ultrasonic flaw detection, x and gamma radiography
Demonstration of examination techniques.
Selection of method of NDT in relation to material, defect type and defect orientation.
On completion of the course, delegates should:
- be aware of the NDT methods available
- appreciate the basic principles of each method
- know the advantages and limitations of the NDT methods in the application and defect detection capability
Duration and Attendance
This course is delivered at Glenrothes (Stenton Campus).
Who Should Attend
Engineering and inspection personnel who require a general knowledge of NDT techniques with some hands-on experience.
£320 for the 2 day course.