This course is designed to give an introduction to the four main methods of NDT.
Theory of all methods as well as hands-on practical work will be covered, using a variety of test equipment. A comprehensive range of fully authenticated test specimens is available.
What You Study
NDT methods, including:
- Surface methods – magnetic particle and penetrant inspection
- Sub-surface methods: ultrasonic thickness measurement, ultrasonic flaw detection, x and gamma radiography
Demonstration of examination techniques.
Selection of method of NDT in relation to material, defect type and defect orientation.
On completion of the course, delegates should:
- be aware of the NDT methods available
- appreciate the basic principles of each method
- know the advantages and limitations of the NDT methods in the application and defect detection capability
Duration and Attendance
This course is delivered at Glenrothes (Stenton Campus).
Suitable For -
Engineering and inspection personnel who require a general knowledge of NDT techniques with some hands-on experience.