This BINDT approved course provides the theory to meet the requirements of PCN for the Level 1 radiation safety endorsement. The course also complies with the recommendations of Public Health England, formerly the National Radiological Protection Board.
What You Study
Course content includes:
- Basic physics of ionising radiation
- Effects of radiation
- Personal monitoring
- The requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 1999
- Setting up of barriers, shielding, local rules, arrangements for emergency situations
On completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the nature of ionising radiation and its harmful effect
- Calculate safe working distances with or without shielding
- Understand the requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 1999 with regard to personnel, barriers, contingency arrangements, etc
Duration and Attendance
3 days including PCN Exam
This course is delivered at Glenrothes (Stenton Campus).
Suitable For -
This course is suitable for any person involved in the use of ionising radiations, practical radiographers, supervisors, etc.
All delegates wishing to take a PCN examination must have natural or corrected vision satisfying the minimum PCN requirements PSL 44
For more information about this course or to book your place, email email@example.com or call 0344 248 0135.