What You Study
This course provides the basic theory and practice of ultrasonic weld testing and gives the ideal start to a career in ultrasonics.
Training is accredited to ASNT and PCN Level 1 (PCN syllabus reference no PCN/ GEN/92 Appendix C1.2).
- Basic principles of ultrasonics, nature of sound.
- The flaw detector and testing equipment.
- Calibration flaw location and sizing methods.
- Practical exercises.
Delegates completing the course should:
- Understand the basic concept of ultrasonic testing
- Select and calibrate the appropriate equipment
- Thickness measure
- Carry out parent material inspection
- Inspect butt welded joints in plate
- Correctly locate, size and report parent plate and weld defects
ASNT Examinations may be arranged on the final day of the course.
PCN Examinations are available on demand.
This course is suitable for NDT personnel, inspectors and engineers requiring an introduction to ultrasonic inspection.
Duration and Attendance
This course is delivered at Glenrothes (Stenton Campus).
For prices, download our schedule.