This course can be taken as the first week of the 3 week Practical Ultrasonic Inspection - Level 2 course. This course provides comprehensive knowledge of the theory and practice of ULTRASONIC TESTING of wrought plate for technicians to reach Level 2 standard.
Training accredited to PCN Level 2. (PCN syllabus reference No PCN ISO 20807 Appendix A1.1)
What You Study
The course includes:
- Product technology – processes and defects
- Basic principles of ultrasonics, nature of sound, flaw detector, setting the controls, behaviour of ultrasonic waves, transmission, reflection, resonance, calibration and reference blocks, plotting, flaw location, practical exercises, eg plates, laminations, etc.
Delegates completing the course should be able to:
- Understand the basic concept of ultrasonics
- Calibrate ultrasonic equipment using calibration blocks
- Measure the thickness of steel plate
- Determine attenuation levels
- Locate, determine and report size of laminations in steel plates
- Interpret code requirements related to ultrasonic testing
- Meet the syllabus requirements
Duration and Attendance
This course is delivered at Glenrothes (Stenton Campus).
£600 for the 5 day course.
This course is suitable for NDT personnel, inspectors, testers and engineers, who require a thorough introduction to ultrasonic testing of wrought plate.
For more information about this course or to book your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0344 248 0135.