This course provides a basic knowledge of product technology, which is now becoming essential for the inspection engineer.
Suitable for NDT personnel, inspectors and technicians employed in, or personnel with a responsibility for the inspection of fabrications, castings and forgings during manufacture or components in service.
What You Study
- Basic Casting Production (crude and finished)
- Forming Processes (rolling, forging, extrusion, annealing and stress relieving)
- Basic Welding (MMA, TAGS, MAGS, sub arc and electroslag)
- Types of Welds (fillets, butts)
- Welding Defects (cracks, porosity, slag, etc)
- Inservice Defects (fatigue, cracks, etc)
- Welding Terms
- Heat Treatment
On completing the course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the basics of production processes
- Know the terms used in the production processes
- Know the origin and nature of flaws in the production processes which will significantly help personnel undertaking various PCN/ASNT certificates where product technology is now a fundamental consideration.
Duration and Attendance
This course is delivered at Glenrothes (Stenton Campus).
£320 for the 2 day course