This course provides the theory to meet the requirements of PCN for the Level 2 radiation safety endorsement. The course also complies with the recommendations of Public Health England, formerly the National Radiological Protection Board.
What You Study
Course content includes:
- Basic physics of ionising radiation
- Effects of radiation
- Personal monitoring
- The requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 1999
- Setting up of barriers, shielding, local rules, arrangements for emergency situations.
On completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the nature of ionising radiation and its harmful effect
- Calculate safe working distances with or without shielding
- Understand the requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 1999 with regard to personnel, barriers, contingency arrangements, et
Duration and Attendance
This course is delivered at Glenrothes (Stenton Campus).
£480 - this price does not include exam or levy fees.
PCN Examinations are available on demand.
This course is suitable for any person involved in the use of ionising radiations, practical radiographers, supervisors, etc.