The NDT Supervised Practical Ultrasonic Inspection (Tees, Nozzle or Node Welds) course provides the opportunity for experienced technicians to test welded specimens under the supervision of a tutor. The course will provide good preparation for the ultrasonic practitioner attempting tees, nozzle and node welds for PCN certification.
What You Study
This course will enable the delegate to concentrate on the practical testing of various configurations of tees,nozzle welds or nodes. Teaching staff will be available at all times to assist with practical inspection as well as any theoretical problems. A wide range of fully authenticated specimens is available.
On completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Understand the requirements for the ultrasonic inspection of tees,nozzle or node.
- Apply the correct technique to the standard required by PCN for tees,nozzle or node.
Suitable For -
Ultrasonic technicians who have received basic training and on the job experience and who may also be certificated for other weld groups (ie: plate and pipe), but who may require practical preparation for additional weld configurations.
All delegates wishing to take a PCN examination must have natural or corrected vision satisfying the minimum PCN requirements PSL 44
Duration and Attendance
- 3 days each (tees, nozzle or nodes) including PCN Exam
- This course is delivered at Glenrothes (Stenton Campus).
- Duration of course may be flexible.
- Extra days will be charged at a rate of £168 per day.
£710 each (tees, nozzles or nodes)