This course provides comprehensive knowledge of the theory and practice of visual inspection for technicians’ Level 2 standard.
PCN syllabus reference no PCN/GEN appendix Z1
What You Study
- Principles of visual inspection
- Physics of light
- The human eye and vision
- Environmental conditions
- Light sources
- Optical aids
- Surface conditions
- Forging technology
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the principles of visual inspection
- Carry out visual inspection of welds, castings and forgings, using a range of inspection aids
- Write clear and concise inspection techniques and reports
- Meet the syllabus requirements for PCN level 2
Duration and Attendance
5 days including PCN Exam
This course is delivered at Glenrothes (Stenton Campus).
Suitable For -
This course is suitable for NDT personnel, inspectors, testers and engineers with a responsibility for the inspection of fabrications, castings and forgings during manufacture or components in service.
All delegates wishing to take a PCN examination must have natural or corrected vision satisfying the minimum PCN requirements PSL 44