This course provides comprehensive knowledge of the theory and practice of Weld Inspection for technicians to reach Level 2 standard.
PCN syllabus reference no PCN/W1 Annex A
What You Study
- Welding Technology – processes and defects
- Welding terminology
- Engineering materials
- Heat treatment processes
- Quality assurance/quality control
- Application of appropriate standards
- Practical inspection of plate and pipe welds
- Macros and bend specimens
- Report writing
On completing the course you should be able to:
- Understand the principles of welding processes
- Understand the principles of weld metallurgy
- Know the nature and origin of welding defects
- Understand the importance of welding, process quality control and associated documentation and how relevant standards are applied and interpreted
- Be able to carry out practical inspections of weldments
- Report accordingly
Duration and Attendance
5 days including PCN Exam
This course is delivered at Glenrothes (Stenton Campus).
Suitable For -
This course is suitable for NDT personnel, inspectors and engineers.
All delegates wishing to take a PCN examination must have natural or corrected vision satisfying the minimum PCN requirements PSL 44
For more information about this course or to book your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0344 248 0135.