This course provides comprehensive knowledge of the theory and practice of Weld Inspection for technicians to reach Level 2 standard. Training accredited to PCN Level 2. (PCN requirements document PCN WI Issue 3 Rev A).
What You Study
- Welding Technology – processes and defects
- Welding terminology
- Engineering materials
- Heat treatment processes
- Quality assurance/quality control
- Application of appropriate standards
- Practical inspection of plate and pipe welds
- Macros and bend specimens
- Report writing
On completing the course you should be able to:
- Understand the principles of welding processes
- Understand the principles of weld metallurgy
- Know the nature and origin of welding defects
- Understand the importance of welding, process quality control and associated documentation and how relevant standards are applied and interpreted
- Be able to carry out practical inspections of weldments
- Report accordingly
Duration and Attendance
This course is delivered at Glenrothes (Stenton Campus).
For prices, download our schedule.
This course is suitable for NDT personnel, inspectors and engineers.
For more information about this course or to book your place, email email@example.com or call 0344 248 0135.