The aim of this new evening course is to gain welding experience and lead to a single SQA unit of qualification in Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding skills or Metal Inert Gas / Metal Active Gas (MIG/MAG) welding skills.
Suitable for professional upskilling.
What You Study
- Improve individual practical skill level using Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) or Metal Inert Gas / Metal Active Gas (MIG/MAG) welding and develop safe working practices.
- Comply with SQA single unit requirements in carbon steel and stainless steel plate.
- Identification of relevant materials and consumables in accordance with unit specification.
- Enhance employability within engineering, fabrication and welding sectors.
- Achieve SQA welding unit of qualification.
On completion of this course delegates will have covered:
- Introduction to TIG or MIG/MAG welding
- Safe use and handling of TIG or MIG/MAG welding equipment
- Preparing TIG or MIG/MAG welding equipment
- Demonstration of TIG or MIG/MAG welding
- Carry out practical welding exercises
- Achieve SQA single unit qualification on single V butt and T Fillet joint
- Identification and rectification of defects
Qualification number F5FC12 Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding Skills or
Qualification number F5F712 Metal Inert Gas / Metal Active Gas (MIG/MAG) Welding Skills
Duration and Attendance
5.30pm – 8.30pm
Stenton Campus, Glenrothes
No prior knowledge is required by delegates.
£250 per person
For more information and to book your place, call us on 0344 248 0128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org