This training is aimed at equipping delegates with the knowledge and skills required to produce high-quality soldered interconnections. The course covers the materials to be used, methods to be adopted and verification criteria to be applied in order to produce high quality soldered joints. Basic soldering techniques are explained, as are relevant factors such as flux, solder composition, soldering to terminals, through-hole, surface-mount devices and relevant inspection. Acceptance criteria are also fully covered. The course includes practical elements including work on plated through hole components and surface mount devices in order to validate inspection to the IPC J-STD-001.
What you Study
- Module 1 - Overview of J-STD-001 requirements and general requirements
- Module 2 - Requirements applicable to the assembly and soldering of Wires and Terminals
- Module 3 - Requirements applicable to the assembly and soldering of Through Hole connections
- Module 4 - Requirements applicable to the assembly and soldering of Surface Mount components
- Module 5 - Theory and application of Inspection Techniques
Duration and Attendance
- 3 days
- Glenrothes Campus
Candidates must have significant hand soldering experience to a high quality standard.