Developed by IPC with support of the Wire Harness Manufacturer’s Association, IPC/WHMA-A-620 is the industry standard for cable and wire harness fabrication and installation. This course is designed for those candidates who are sufficiently confident in their existing knowledge to determine whether cable or wire harness assemblies are to be accepted or rejected, and the reasons why, that they can attempt the relevant IPC tests without the need for significant Instructor input.
What you Study
- Module 1: Introduction, General / Applicable Documents
- Module 2: Crimp Terminations & Insulation Displacement Connection (IDC)
- Module 3: Soldered Terminations
- Module 4: Connectorization & Over-Molding / Potting
- Module 5: Splices
- Module 6: Marking & Labelling, Wire Bundle Securing, Shielding, Cable / Wire Harness Protective Coverings, Finished assembly Installation
- Module 7: Ultrasonic Welding & Solderless Wrap
- Module 8: Coax / Biaxial Cables
Duration and Attendance
- 1 day
- Glenrothes Campus
Candidates will possess a high level of knowledge, be regularly be regularly making decisions on the acceptability of cable or wire harness assemblies, and must already hold current and vaild CIS certification.