Developed by IPC with support of the Wire Harness Manufacturer’s Association, IPC/WHMA-A-620 is the industry standard for cable and wire harness fabrication and installation. This theory-only training is aimed at equipping delegates with the knowledge required to understand procedures for fault finding, rectification, methods of soldering and quality of finished product on cable and wire harness assemblies. Successfully completing the course will enable delgates to improve their ability to correctly discriminate between an acceptable and unacceptable cable or wire harness assembly as specified in the IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standard.
What you Study
- Module 1: Introduction, General / Applicable Documents
- Module 2: Crimp Terminations & Insulation Displacement Connection (IDC)
- Module 3: Soldered Terminations
- Module 4: Connectorization & Over-Molding / Potting
- Module 5: Splices
- Module 6: Marking & Labelling, Wire Bundle Securing, Shielding, Cable / Wire Harness Protective Coverings, Finished assembly Installation
- Module 7: Ultrasonic Welding & Solderless Wrap
- Module 8: Coax / Biaxial Cables
Duration and Attendance
- 3 days
- Glenrothes Campus
Ideal candidates will currently, or soon be working in the electronics manufacturing sector with a responsibility for the quality and reliability of cable or wire harness assemblies.