This short course is designed to update experienced gas engineers to enable you to prove your competence in the ACS assessments.
What You Study
The Core Commercial Natural Gas Safety course comprises the following core competencies:
- Gas safety legislation and regulations
- Gas emergency actions
- Controls and procedures
- Combustion standards
- Commercial ventilation and flueing requirements
- Pipework installation
- Checking and setting commercial supply and meter regulators
- Checking and setting commercial appliance pressures
- Appliance safety devices and controls and re-establish supplies
Duration and Attendance
2 days training, 1 day theory assessment and 1 day practical assessment.
This course is delivered in a classroom environment, where you will also be assessed on your knowledge of both theory and practical aspects.
The awarding body for this course is BPEC.
National Gas Training and Assessment Centre, Fife College, Halbeath Campus, Pittsburgh Road, Dunfermline, KY11 8DY
You must be an experienced gas engineer with appropriate City & Guilds/SVQ qualifications in gas, plumbing/ventilation.
Those wishing to be reassessed are required to provide evidence of previous ACS accreditation before the assessment can take place.
Supervisory role as a:
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Manager of Installation or Sales Teams