This course is designed to update experienced gas engineers to enable them to prove their competence in the ACS assessments in the field of Core Commercial Catering incorporating commercial catering equipment namely Commercial Cookers, Ovens, Grills etc - Café Sets & Natural Draught Fryers.
What You Study
The Core Commercial Catering and Appliances (COMCATS 1 and 3) qualification comprises of core competencies:
- Gas safety regulations and standards
- Gas emergency actions and procedures
- Isolation valves, combustion standards
- Pipework installation procedures
- Commercial ventilation and flueing requirements
- Checking and setting commercial supply and meter regulators
- Unsafe situations,
- Checking and setting commercial appliances
- Appliance safety devices and controls
- Re-establishing supplies
- Appliance installation
- Appliance servicing
- Checking and setting operational and safety components
- Recognition of appliance defects
- Flueing and ventilation requirements
Duration and Attendance
2 days training and 1 day assessment
Commercial Catering Appliances is delivered in a classroom/workshop environment; you will also be assessed in the college on your knowledge of legislative requirements and practical competency.
The awarding body for this course is Construction Skills.
Gas Assessment Centre, Halbeath Campus, Pittsburgh Road, Dunfermline, KY11 8DY
- Pre-requisite qualification
- Experienced gas engineers with appropriate City & Guilds/SVQ qualifications in gas and/or valid ACS CCCN1 certificate.
Candidates wishing to be reassessed require evidence of previous ACS accreditation which is to be presented to the centre before the assessment can take place.
At a later date you may wish to extend your skills in domestic appliances, LPG or commercial/industrial gas installations.