The course is designed for senior executives who provide strategic leadership, direction and oversight, and set the policy on health and safety for their organisation, be this in the private, public or voluntary sector. The course will show you how investing in safety and health can reap valuable business benefits, including better productivity, increased profits, an enhanced reputation and a stronger brand.
Delegates receive an app to access their diagnostic tool/action planner additionally delegates gain access to a safety leadership community, with news from IOSH, and up-to-date discussions on themes in safety leadership, from trainers and delegates.
What You Study
- Recognising the value of strategic safety and health and its integration into business management systems and performance.
- Understanding your safety and health responsibilities.
- Appreciating the consequences of poor safety and health.
- Planning the overall direction for safety and health in your organisation.
- Understanding the importance of adequately resourcing your safety and health management system.
- Knowing why you should monitor and review your safety and health performance.
Duration and Attendance
5 hours classroom time
This course is available subject to demand – contact us for more details.
Carnegie Conference Centre
No formal entry requirements, assessment is completion of a personal commitment – a set of actions to take following the recommendations in your report and other learning.
Candidates may wish to progress their studies by completing the NEBOSH National or International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health to gain a more in depth understanding of health and safety management and workplace hazards.
£195 (ex VAT)
This course can be tailored to individual company requirements and delivered onsite at your premises if required. Contact us to find out more.