MRS Training & Rescue are experts in working at height safely and offer a range of highly practical courses suitable for all industries.
The one day Working Safely at Height training course covers ladders, access and egress routes, fall prevention and fall arrest systems and relevant PPE for working at height. The course also offers a general overview of MEWPS, mobile and fixed scaffolding.
The course is approximately 50% theory and 50% practical with a 30 minute assessment at the end. Upon successful completion, delegates have the option of an MRS Training & Rescue Certification or ECITB certificate - each valid for 3 years.
Theory Phase - Use appropriate knowledge for working at height
In this part of the course we explain:
- Main principle of health, safety, environmental legislation and approved codes of practice for working at height
- Hazards and risks associated with work at height. Methods of reducing risk and injury including the hierarchy of controls relating to working at height
- Types of personal fall protection systems and the differences between fall arrest and work restraint. Need to understand organisational procedures and practices for controlling risks to health and safety, preparing for working at height and using access equipment (including ladders), Personal Fall Protection Systems (PFPS) and PPE
- Harness types and design.
- Procedures for rescue, emergency at height or other incidents
Practical Phase - Apply industry specific knowledge for working at height
A series of practical exercises to test your new height safety skills on our work at height training rigs. You’ll cover:
- Obtain and use correct Safe System of Work for the job (Risk assessment; Method statement; PTW; Rescue plan)
- Obtain relevant authorisations before commencing work
- Select, inspect and wear PPE in line with manufacturers guidance
- Where possible establish and maintain an exclusion zone
- Select, inspect, erect, use and dismantle PFPS in line with manufacturers guidance
- Safe use of ladders; fixed and portable.
- Establish and maintain effective communication throughout work activity
- Promptly report any problems out with own responsibility and deal with damaged / defective PPE or PFPS equipment
- Inspect and store all work equipment and PPE correctly.
- Leave work areas clean, safe, and tidy and free of obstructions and potential hazards.
During this phase you will be continually assessed by our trainers.
- Price – £210 (or £250 with an ECITB Certificate). All prices are +VAT
- Venue – MRS Training & Rescue, Main Street, Crossgates, Cowdenbeath, Fife, KY4 8DH