What You Study
Qualification: College Certification
After attending the course employees will be able to safely select and fit the correct wheels to both hand held and fixed machines. The aim of the course is to enable the candidates to understand the need for the correct selection and fitting of grinding wheels to the appropriate machine types.
The course includes:
- Types of abrasive materials
- Selection of the correct type of wheel
- Correct fitting of wheel to the appropriate machine
- Balancing, trueing and dressing of wheels
- Noise and vibration hazards
- Practice in fitting wheels
Duration and Attendance
Short Course (1 day)
On Site or Rosyth Campus, Wood Road, Rosyth Business Park, Rosyth, KY11 2EA
Candidates are required to update their skills every 3-5 years dependent on their level of competency.