This course is designed for those wishing to take up a career in accounting and financial administration within a range of organisations. Both this HNC and HND Accounting are suitable for a wide target audience including school leavers, adult returners to education and those in employment wishing to formalise their skills.
You will gain a range of competencies required by employers, allowing scope to develop and progress in a variety of functions within organisations. In addition, you may progress to further academic and professional qualifications either prior to taking up an accounting position or parallel to it.
What You Study
- Recording financial information
- Preparing final accounts
- Using financial accounting software
- Cost accounting
- Management accounting using IT
- Accounting options
Duration and Attendance
- One year full-time
- Two years part-time (evening)
- Two years part-time (day release)
One of the following:
- Two Highers in a relevant subject and either four National 5s or four Standard Grades
- NC Business at SCQF Level 5, including a minimum of two units at Level 6
- Industrial experience or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
Successful completion of HNC Accounting allows direct progression to year 2 of our HND Accounting course. It could also allow direct articulation into year 2 of degree programmes at many universities
BA Accounting with Finance
An interview may be required to evidence your ability to study at this level. Applications for this Andrew Carnegie Business School course are made through Fife College.