This course will provide you with the full range of competencies to meet the requirements of employers recruiting accounting staff. It will also give you the scope to develop and progress in a variety of ways within organisations of all types and sizes.
What You Study
- Recording financial information
- Preparing final statements
- Using financial accounting software (SAGE)
- Management accounting using information technology
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Accounting for specialised transactions
- Business taxation
- Management accounting for decision making
- Management accounting for planning and control
Duration and Attendance
Two years full-time.
One of the following:
- Two Highers in a relevant subject and either four National 5s or four Standard Grades
- NC Business at SCQF Level 5, including a minimum of two units at Level 6
Industrial experience or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
Internal candidates must successfully achieve year 1.
External candidates must have evidence of successfully achieving an HNC in Accounting.
Direct entry to year 2 is possible with a minimum of 12 credits at HNC (15 desirable).
- BA Accounting with Finance
- Year 2 or year 3 of related degree programmes at many universities
- Accounts/audit assistant
- Credit controller
- Sales ledger/purchase ledger clerk
- Financial controller
- Financial analyst
An interview may be required to evidence your ability to study at this level.
Applications for this Andrew Carnegie Business School course are made through Fife College.