The Award and Certificate in Coaching are designed for people in their first management roles, including team leaders and first-line managers. They are both ideal for individuals seeking to develop the tools, knowledge and confidence to coach people as part of their normal working role.
What You Study
The programme consists of 3 mandatory units:
- Understanding Good Practice in Workplace Coaching
- Undertaking Coaching in the Workplace
- Reflecting on Workplace Coaching Skills
Understanding Good Practice in Workplace Coaching covers the role of coaching, basic coaching processes and the abilities and qualities individuals need to be a good coach.
Undertaking Coaching in the Workplace requires learners to plan and carry out at least six hours of coaching, with supervision and support.
Reflecting on Workplace Coaching Skills will give learners tools to analyse and improve their own performance as a coach.
Benefits for individuals:
- Know what it takes to be an effective coach in your workplace
- Understand how coaching works – learn a coaching model, and the tools and techniques to support it
- Put your new skills into practice in your job – carry out supervised coaching sessions
- Analyse, assess and plan to improve your own coaching ability.
Benefits for employers:
- Implement coaching to improve performance in your organisation
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Develop a coaching culture in your organisation by developing your managers as truly effective coaches.
Duration and Attendance
- Subject to demand, contact us on 0344 248 0154 or email email@example.com to find out more.
£595 per person
This qualification is designed for employees with responsibility for coaching in part of their day-to-day role. It will also support learners planning to move into a development role within in their organisation.
You may progress onto the Certificate level by completing the ‘Undertaking an extended period of coaching in the workplace’ unit, which requires at least 36 hours of coaching for a deeper level of skill and experience.
This course is designed to meet the continuing personal and professional development needs of coaches.