This qualification is for learners at all levels who want to develop their knowledge and skills in effective coaching within an organisational context.
It is ideal for both new and existing coaches.
Benefits for individuals
- Know what it takes to be an effective coach
- Understand the role and responsibilities of effective coaches
- Learn a recognised coaching model, and the tools and techniques to support it
- Put your new skills into practice and carry out supervised coaching sessions
- Analyse coaching performance in order to improve own ability
Benefits for employers
- Implement effective coaching to improve organisational performance
- Ensure the individuals developed as coaches are equipped with the skills, knowledge and understanding they require
- Enhance the coaching culture in your organisation by developing highly effective coaches
What You Study
The programme consists of 3 mandatory units:
- Understanding Good Practice in Coaching within an Organisational Context
- Undertaking Coaching within an Organisational Context
- Reflecting on Coaching Skills within an Organisational Context
Duration and Attendance
- 4 months, part-time
- 6 fortnightly workshops at Carnegie Conference Centre on Wednesday evenings 6.00pm - 8.30pm
This qualification is designed for employees with responsibility for coaching in part of their day-to-day role. It will also support learners planning to move into a development role within in their organisation.
- SVQ Level 3 Learning and Development
- Train the Trainer
- SQA Unit Planning and Delivering Training Sessions to Groups
This course is designed to meet the continuing personal and professional development needs of coaches.
Applications are open all year round for this course.