The PPM Certificate has been designed for Project and Programme Managers to develop their competencies across a number of project and programme management areas.
The PPM Certificate was developed by the Chartered Management Institute in collaboration with the APM Group and consists of 2 mandatory and 2 additional units selected from Project Management or Programme Management Units. These units are part of the PPM Diploma and the Certificate can act as the first stage towards this qualification.
The PPM Certificate is a competency based qualification which enables the candidate to achieve each of the 4 units through practical application.
It also provides a foundation for Continuing Personal and Professional Development and the opportunity for successful candidates to go on and become Chartered Managers.
Approach and Duration
The Certificate is delivered flexibly, with the candidate given their own individual learning plan following discussion with their allocated tutor.
The Certificate takes between 9 months to 1 year to complete and is very much driven by the candidate.
The approach that is taken is distance or self-directed learning through an on-line learning site, with ongoing support from a nominated tutor.
To achieve the Certificate in Programme and Project Management, you will need to successfully complete 2 mandatory units and 2 additional units*.
• DPM02 – Principles of Programme and Project Management
• DPM08 – Programme Planning or
• DPM10 – Project Planning
Additional Units (2 required from list)
• DPM03 – Risk Management
• DPM04 – Quality Management
• DPM05 – Change and Configuration Management
• DPM06 – Managing People
• DPM07 – Managing Contracts
• DPM09 – Programme Monitoring and Control – (if doing Programme Route)
• DPM11 – Project Monitoring and Control – (if doing Project Route)
*Please note exemptions may apply for current PRINCE2, MSP or MoR Practitioners.
On completion of the programme, candidates will be able to:
• Analyse the business, social and political contexts which impact on Programmes and Projects
• Effectively manage and control Project Deliverables
• Develop a disciplined approach to developing and implementing plans and controls in Programme and Project Management
• Improve team and individual performance
• Monitor and control costs and resource allocation throughout the lifetime of the project or programme, therefore minimising likelihood of unauthorised budget overspend
Who should undertake the qualification?
Project Managers, Team Managers or members of Project Teams, Programme Managers, Change Managers, Product Managers, Business Improvement Managers and Risk Managers.
There are no specific entry requirements, however it is recommended that the learner has exposure to a project environment.
Progression and Associated Routes
• The CMI PPM Diploma
• The CMI Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
• MS Project
• MSP® – Managing Successful Programmes
• PRINCE2 ® Practitioner
The price for the Certificate (including undertaking PRINCE2 Practitioner or MSP) is £2,245 (ex VAT).
If you do not undertake the PRINCE2 or MSP and choose to complete the appropriate units through the completion of the guided learning and assessments, the price is £1,500 (ex VAT).
If you already have a current PRINCE2 Practitioner or MSP qualification the price is £1,295 (ex VAT).
All prices include all course texts, access to on-line CBT materials, tutor support and registration with the awarding body.
For more information on how to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0344 248 0130.