All MSP® Practitioners and/or MSP® Advanced Practitioners are required to be re-registered within 3-5 calendar years of their original certification in order to keep their designation of Registered MSP® Practitioner/ Advanced Practitioner.
All certified Practitioners/Advanced Practitioners have the opportunity to take the Re-registration examination in order to demonstrate their commitment to professional development. This is particularly important following the recent update to the MSP® Guide.
By taking the Re-registration examinations, you will be able to give your employers and prospective employer’s confidence in the recency of your knowledge and understanding in the MSP® programme management field and your commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
Re-registration exams are available for both Practitioner and Advanced Practitioner. You will only be required to sit the Re-registration exam for the highest level of qualification you have achieved. For example, if you currently hold the Advanced Practitioner certificate (or pre-2007 equivalent) you would only be required to take the Re-registration exam for this level.
Give us a call if you are not sure which level you should be sitting.
What You Study
During the two days, there will be a combination of formal presentations, group and individual exercises to ensure that candidates are up-to-date on the developments in MSP® and prepare candidates for the appropriate exam.
The format of the Practitioner Re-registration exam is:
- 3 questions each worth 10 marks – a scenario background and appendices are provided
- An overall score of 15 out of a possible 30 is required to pass
- 1¼ hours duration
- Open-book (only the MSP® Guide is allowed)
The format of the Advanced Practitioner Re-registration exam is:
- A 2000 - 4000 word “dissertation” (suggested target 2500 words) on a specific subject (selected from a range of topics) demonstrating application of MSP®.
- It would ideally be based on a “real life” programme that the candidate has worked within. If this is not possible (if a candidate has not recently worked within a programme or their programme contains classified information), it would be acceptable to base it on the Advanced Practitioner Case Study “MSP® Care”.
- There are no time restrictions imposed on this dissertation.
- The dissertation will be marked out of a possible 75 marks with the candidate needing 38 marks to achieve a pass.
- Should the candidate fail the Re-registration, feedback will be provided. The candidate is permitted to update and re-submit their paper, however should this second attempt be
- A fail and detailed feedback is given then the candidate must submit a new paper.
- Instead of the re-registration paper, a candidate also has the option to sit the full Advanced Practitioner examination to re-register at this level.
Duration and Attendance
Content is delivered over 2 days with the Practitioner/Advanced Practitioner re-registration examination on the second day.
Due to the intense nature of this course, candidates should plan in time to complete 15-20 hours of study prior to the start of the course and approximately 1-2 hours in the evening during the course for study and review.
Scheduled open courses run on a regular basis at our purpose built training facility, Carnegie Conference Centre, in Dunfermline with on-site hotel accommodation available if required.
In addition, closed courses tailored specifically for teams, can be delivered on-site at client premises throughout the UK or at Carnegie Conference Centre.
- MSP® Re-registration – £495 (ex VAT)
On-site hotel accommodation is available for courses which take place at Carnegie Conference Centre, Dunfermline and offers modern, comfortable rooms with a work desk and high speed internet
This course is for existing MSP® delegates who wish to re-register at either Practitioner or Advanced Practitioner Level.
Due to the changes in the MSP® programme, if you sat the MSP® Practitioner exam prior to 1 January 2008, you may be eligible to sit the MSP® Advanced Practitioner Re-registration exam.
Contact us for more information.
- Project Manager
- Programme Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- CMI Certificate in Programme and Project Management
- CMI Diploma in Programme and Project Management
- MoP Management of Portfolios
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.