APM Project Management is a knowledge based qualification. Successful candidates go on to use the knowledge gained to work more effectively on both large and small projects. APM Project Management is recognised in many industry sectors as the basis for a complete understanding of project management.
The Association for Project Management has also developed a route to achieving APM Project Management, specifically designed for current registered PRINCE2 Practitioners, meaning a shorter training course and exam, saving you time and money.
Benefits of APM Qualifications
- Achieve a professional recognised project management qualification that enables you to deliver the company projects effectively and efficiently
- Enable you to develop the people management skills essential in the delivery of projects
- Access to the extensive project management body of knowledge containing best practice guidelines to facilitate project success
- Projects are professionally managed and delivered
- Provide both you and the organisation with excellent project management knowledge and skills to deliver project on time and within budget
- You have the opportunity to become full members of The APM, which is currently undergoing approval to become a chartered professional body
What You Study
The following will be covered:
- Project management in context
- Planning & strategy
- Executing the strategy
- Business and commercial
- Organisation and governance
- People and profession
This course uses the APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification Study Guide, providing an easy and complete reference document with a definitive explanation of each syllabus topic in simple language. The APMP study guide is written specifically to be easy to understand. It explains the topics in the APMP syllabus using a consistent set of language and avoiding unnecessary and complex jargon. The main benefit of this approach is that it provides thorough coverage of the knowledge required for each area of the syllabus.
Duration and Attendance
APM PMQ is taught in a classroom and delivered over four days (Monday to Thursday). The following Friday there is a study and exam preparation day. The exam (a three hour essay-based paper) takes place a week later.
Candidates who are current PRINCE2® Practitioners are able to attend a condensed three day course, however, it is recommended that you attend the full four day course plus study/exam preparation day at a discounted rate. Contact us for more information.
- 4 day APM Project Management Qualification plus 1 day study/exam preparation plus exam £1,695 (excl VAT)
- 3 day APM Project Management Qualification for PRINCE2 Practitioners plus 1 day study/exam preparation plus exam £995 (excl VAT)
Included in the price of the course are:
- Joining instructions and pre-course preparation pack
- Printed course material
- Examination fees
- Daytime refreshments
Joining instructions are sent to candidates approximately 2-3 weeks before the course start date. It is essential that the pre-course preparation is completed.
Scheduled open courses run on a regular basis at our purpose built training facility, Carnegie Conference Centre, in Dunfermline with on-site hotel accommodation available if required.
In addition, closed courses tailored specifically for teams, can be delivered on-site at client premises throughout the UK or at Carnegie Conference Centre.
There are no formal entry requirements.
APM Project Management is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers who wish to demonstrate their acquired knowledge. The APM Project Fundamentals Course is not a pre-requisite.
PRINCE2 Practitioners are able to achieve the APM Project Management Qualification by undertaking and passing a 3 day condensed programme.
Diploma in Programme and Project Management
Managing Successful Programme (MSP®) for Managers responsible for multiple projects