The average duration of the apprenticeship is 12 months.
One of the following must be achieved:
- SVQ in Business and Administration at SCQF Level 5 GL9F 45 (City & Guilds)
- SVQ in Business and Administration at SCQF Level 5 GK6X 22 (SQA)
- SVQ in Business and Administration at SCQF Level 5 GL11 22 (Pearson)
- Core Skills
- Communication SCQF Level 4
- Working With Others SCQF Level 4
- Problem Solving SCQF Level 4
- Information and Communication Technology SCQF Level 4
- Numeracy SCQF Level 4
The Communication, Working with Others, and Problem Solving Core Skills are fully embedded within the Business and Administration SVQ at SCQF Level 5 core units and do not require separate certification. The Information and Communication Technology, and Numeracy Core Skills must be separately assessed and certificated.
At least one separately certificated outcome chosen from the list provided by the Skills CFA. The Enhancement may include:
- Another optional unit from the SVQ at SCQF level 5 or 6 in Business and Administration
- A unit from the Accounting, Customer Service, Finance, and IT User SVQs or Competence based qualifications at SCQF Level 5 or above
- A unit from any other relevant SVQ at SCQF Level 5 or above agreed in writing by the training provider and the Skills CFA
- One Core Skill at higher level than specified in the framework
- Relevant Skills CFA short courses at a suitable level with a minimum of 10 Guided Learning Hours (GLH)
- A unit from PC Passport, basic or advanced ECDL or part ECDL (three or more modules of ECDL)
- Employer-devised training programmes (endorsed by Skills CFA)
Skills CFA encourages the achievement of additional awards, qualifications and training, where relevant.