The average duration of the apprenticeship is 12 months.
One of the following must be achieved:
- SVQ in Business and Administration at SCQF Level 6 GL9G 46 (City &Guilds)
- SVQ in Business and Administration at SCQF Level 6 GK6Y 23 (SQA)
- SVQ in Business and Administration at SCQF Level 6 GL12 23 (Pearson)
- Communication at SCQF Level 5
- Working with Others at SCQF Level 5
- Problem Solving at SCQF Level 5
- Information and Communication Technology at SCQF Level 5
- Numeracy at SCQF Level 5
The Communication, Working with Others, and Problem Solving Core Skills are fully embedded within the Business and Administration SVQ at SCQF Level 6 core units and do not require separate certification. The Information and Communication Technology and Numeracy Core Skills must be separately assessed and certificated.
At least one separately certificated outcome chosen from a list provided by Skills CFA is required:
- Another optional unit from the Business & Administration SVQ at SCQF Level 6
- A unit from the Accounting, Customer Service, Finance, IT User and Team Leading SVQs or Competence based qualifications at SCQF Level 5 or above
- A unit from any other relevant SVQs or Competence based qualifications at SCQF Level 5 or above agreed in writing by the Training Provider and Skills CFA (please note that Business & Administration SVQ at SCQF Level 5 units or the full Business & Administration SVQ at SCQF Level 5 can no longer be used as an enhancement)
- One Core Skill at a higher level
- Relevant short courses at a suitable level
- A unit from PC Passport, basic or advanced ECDL or part ECDL (three or more modules of ECDL)
- Employer-devised training programmes (endorsed by Skills CFA)
- A Unit or module from a relevant professional qualification
Skills CFA encourages the achievement of additional awards, qualifications and training, where relevant.