ONE of the following S\NVQs must be achieved:
- NVQ in Industrial and Commercial Gas Installation and Maintenance 500/1720/2
- SVQ in Domestic Natural Gas Installation and Maintenance (ACS) G95A 23
- SVQ in Domestic Natural Gas Maintenance G956 23
- Gas Network Operations - Craft 100/2045/7
Equivalent S\NVQs from other awarding bodies may also be used.
ALL of the following Core Skills must be achieved. See below for separate certification requirements.
- Communication SCQF level 5 F427 04
- Working With Others SCQF level 4 F42N 04
- Problem Solving SCQF level 4 F42J 04
- Information Technology SCQF level 4 F42E 04
- Numeracy SCQF level 4 F42A 04
For candidates undertaking SVQs G95A 23, G956 23 Information Technology, Numeracy and
Working with Others, Core Skills must be separately certificated.
For candidates undertaking NVQ 100/2045/7, Communication, Information Technology and
Numeracy, Core Skills must be separately certificated.
Energy & Utility Skills Gas Modern Apprenticeship Workbook
All apprentices must complete the bespoke Gas Modern Apprenticeship Workbook which has been produced to complement this framework.
Energy & Utility Skills recommends the following qualifications as optional outcomes that will enhance the learning and skills development of the apprentice:
- IOSH or NEBOSH Health and Safety Courses
- Energy Efficiency Courses
- City & Guilds Domestic Natural Gas Installation and Maintenance level 2 VRQ
- City & Guilds Complex Domestic Natural Gas Installation and Maintenance level 3 VRQ
- City & Guilds Emergency Gas Operations level 3 VRQ
The full framework can be viewed here: https://www.skillsdevelopmentscotland.co.uk/media/40509/gas_ma_l3_sept_15.pdf