The average duration of the apprenticeship is 18 - 24 months.
One of the following must be achieved:
- SVQ in Management at SCQF Level 7, GN1E 47 (City and Guilds)
- SVQ in Management at SCQF Level 7, GM6P 47 (CMI)
- SVQ in Management at SCQF Level 7, GM26 23 (SQA/CMI)
- Communication at SCQF Level 5
- Working with Others (at SCQF Level 5
- Problem Solving at SCQF Level 5
- Information and Communication Technology at SCQF Level 5
- Numeracy at SCQF Level 5
The Communication, Working with Others and Problem Solving Core Skills are fully embedded within the Management SVQ at SCQF Level 7 mandatory units and do not require separate certification.
The Information and Communication Technology and Numeracy Core Skills must be separately assessed and certificated.
ONE mandatory enhancement must be achieved. This is one of the following:
- One Core Skill at a higher level
- One unit from an SVQ at SCQF Level 6 or above relevant to the apprentice’s job role
- One additional unit from the Management SVQ at SCQF Level 7
Additional SVQ Units/Qualifications/Training
Instructus Skills encourages the achievement of additional awards, qualifications and training, where relevant.