It is expected that apprentices following this framework will take 18-24 months to complete.
Each apprentice is required to achieve one the following qualifications:
- SVQ in Management at SCQF Level 9, GN1F 49 (City and Guilds)
- SVQ in Management at SCQF Level 9, GM6R 49 (CMI)
- SVQ in Management at SCQF Level 9, GM27 24 (SQA/CMI)
All Scottish Technical and Professional Apprenticeships must contain a relevant SVQ, equivalent competency based qualifications, HN qualification, Professional qualification, or other qualification based on NOS.
A wide range of pan-sector SVQ units at SCQF 7 and above has been identified and these have been listed in Appendix 4 of the Guidance document). Apprentices and employers should select between two and five of the units from the Career Skills list (from any section), within the following parameters:
- A threshold of 15 SCQF credits for Technical Apprenticeships and 20 SCQF credits for Professional Apprenticeships must be achieved
- Technical Apprenticeships must include Career Skills Units at SCQF 7 or above and Professional Apprenticeships must include Career Skills Units at SCQF 8 or above
Note: The Career Skills units selected should NOT be the same as any of the units in the mandatory qualification.
Instructus Skills encourages the achievement of additional awards, qualifications and training, where relevant.