Each apprentice is required to achieve the following Qualification:
- SVQ 2 Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 6 (SQA GH5Y 22) (C&G GH4R 22) (Minimum 51 and Maximum 58 Credits at SCQF level 6)
SVQs are available at five levels – although most are at level 2 and level 3. When someone has achieved an SVQ, there is a guarantee that they have the skills and knowledge needed to do their job. All Scottish Modern Apprenticeships must contain a relevant SVQ or equivalent qualification.
- Each apprentice is required to achieve the following core skills:
- Communication (SCQF level 5 F427 04)
- Working with others (SCQF level 5 F42P 04)
- Problem Solving (SCQF level 5 F42K 04))
- Information and Communication Technology (SCQF level 4 F42E 04)
- Numeracy (SCQF level 4 F42A 04)
Employers agree that Core Skills bring an added value to the SVQ and indicate that communication skills need to be improved. Core Skills of Problem Solving, Communication and Working with Others have been mapped at SCQF level 5 with the mandatory units of the SVQ. Mapping established that these three skills are embedded.
The Core Skills of ICT and Numeracy will remain at SCQF Level 4 due to the tasks and functions of the framework and require to be certificated separately.