What is BIM and is it relevant to me? This is a question on many lips in today’s construction sector, and in this course we intend to answer that question and hopefully several others that you possibly haven’t thought of yet, but should.
This module is aimed at providing managers and principles with a high-level explanation, in laymen’s terms, of the terminology and principles of BIM and how it may affect them and their business.
We will not answer all the questions relating to BIM adoption strategy but hope at least, to guide people towards knowing what questions they need to ask when defining one.
What You Study
- What BIM is, and the contextual requirement for BIM Level 2
- The implications and value proposition of BIM within your organisation
- The requirement for the management and exchange of information between supply chain members and client
Duration and Attendance
- Online Learning
- Home/office based
- Although no formal entry requirements are required. Delegates should be familiar with working in a Built Environment setting
Subject to demand and availability, options exist to progress to progress to Autodesk certification in the following courses at Fife College:
- Revit Architecture
- Revit Architecture: Advanced
- Revit MEP
- Revit Structure
- Architectural Technologist / Technician
- Revit Technician
- BIM Manager
- Facilities Manager
- Building Services Engineer
- £50 per person for Online Learning
- Included in this price is; Access to VLE
- Online application with supporting evidence of skills set and qualifications