Any part of an organisation that gathers data, which is then required to be manipulated to inform decision-making such as sales/purchasing strategies or stock control, would benefit from using Access.
What You Study
Microsoft Access can be delivered to introductory, intermediate and advanced level. Each level is scheduled into a 1-day programme which is trainer led.
This course will cover the following topics:
• Define a database structure and templates
• Create tables, enter and edit data, modify table design
• Understand relationships between data
• Create a form, enter and edit data in a form, customise the form design
• Introduction to queries and reports
• Customise forms and create subforms
• Create command buttons and link and embed data
• Create and use queries
• Create a report, using queries to select records
• Build “expressions” and calculations in reports and queries
• Create and use Action queries
• Advanced field properties, data validation, lookup fields
• Joins and relationships
• Understand, create, edit and save a macro
• Create menu bars, macros and custom toolbar buttons
• Event-driven procedures
• Database security including user-level security
As a working knowledge of the full range of ICT packages is becoming a core competence within any workforce, this programme would be suitable for anyone who works with or manipulates data at any level within an organisation.