This course can be taken as the first week of the 3 week Practical Ultrasonic Inspection - Level 2 course. This course provides comprehensive knowledge of the theory and practice of ULTRASONIC TESTING of wrought plate for technicians to reach Level 2 standard.
PCN syllabus reference No PCN ISO 20807- Gen
What You Study
The course includes:
- Product technology – processes and defects
- Basic principles of ultrasonics
- Nature of sound
- Flaw detector
- Setting the controls
- Behaviour of ultrasonic waves
- Calibration and reference blocks
- Flaw location
- Practical exercises, eg plates, laminations, etc.
Delegates completing the course should be able to:
- Understand the basic concept of ultrasonics
- Calibrate ultrasonic equipment using calibration blocks
- Measure the thickness of steel plate
- Determine attenuation levels
- Locate, determine and report size of laminations in steel plates
- Interpret code requirements related to ultrasonic testing
- Meet the syllabus requirements
Duration and Attendance
5 Days including PCN Exam
This course is delivered at Glenrothes (Stenton Campus).
Price includes exam and levy fees
Suitable For -
This course is suitable for NDT personnel, inspectors, testers and engineers, who require a thorough introduction to ultrasonic testing of wrought plate.
All delegates wishing to take a PCN examination must have natural or corrected vision satisfying the minimum PCN requirements PSL 44
For more information about this course or to book your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0344 248 0135.