This theoretical and practical training is intended to refresh delegates’ existing knowledge and skills in relation to restoring the functionality of electronic assemblies and printed circuit boards. Companies supporting the re-certification of their staff on this can expect to see continued, significant cost savings by applying the Standard and competently repairing and reworking assemblies PCBs. The course content includes procedural requirements, tools, materials and industry-approved techniques for removing, replacing and reworking surface mount and through-hole components, as well as conductor and laminate repair.
What you Study
- Module 1: General Requirements (prerequisite)
- Module 2: Splicing
- Module 3: Through-Hole Removal and Reinstallation
- Module 4: Chip and MELF Components
- Module 5: SOIC and SOT Removal and Reinstallation
- Module 6: J-Lead and Gull Wing Removal and Reinstallation
- Module 7: Jumper Wire Installation and Conductor Repair
- Module 8: Laminate Repair
- Module 9: Conformal Coating Rework
Duration and Attendance
- 3 days
- Glenrothes Campus
Ideally, candidates will have been reworking, modifying and repairing assemblies and PCBs to a high standard, recenty, and must already hold current and vaild CIS certification.