This course gives a basic overview of 3D modelling drawing techniques using Autodesk Inventor, while outlining how these 3D models can be printed. With 3D printing technology now widespread over many industries, this course gives the perfect opportunity to gain knowledge on the core processes that make CAD designs suitable for 3D printing.
What You Study
- Autodesk Inventor (3D Parametric Design Software)
- Interface Overview
- Parametric Concepts
- 2D sketching
- Part Creation Tools
- Part modification/editing tools
- Parametric dimensions and constraints
- Exporting to 3D printer
- Overview of 3D printing
- Printing using FDM technology
- Material choice
- Limitations and considerations
- Using 3D printer software
- Printing exported Inventor objects
- Post processing techniques.
Duration and Attendance
Duration: 2 days, One day per week over two weeks.
Time: 9.00am – 4.30pm
1 March and 8 March 2019
This course is delivered subject to demand. To find out more, please contact email@example.com
A basic knowledge of 2 dimensional CAD using AutoCAD or other similar packages.
CPD for draughting industry staff