This course aims to enable the candidate to operate the truck in accordance with good practice, understand stability of loads and truck and carry out peruse inspections. The course follows a carefully devised programme and is designed for those who have some experience but have not had the benefit of formal training.
The course is approved by the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB). Training is undertaken within an excellent simulated working environment. The course length is 23 hours delivered over 3 days. There are both written and practical tests to conclude the course.
Both Job Specific and Familiarisation training should be given to successful candidates at the workplace. Once completed the candidate should be given written authorisation from the employer for the types of machine which all 3 elements of training have been given.
Qualification: Road Transport Industry
Training Board (RTITB)
The following areas are covered:
- Health and Safety
- Controls and Instruments
- Basic Manoeuvres
- Lift Truck Stability
- Hydraulic System and Controls
- Vehicle Loading and Unloading
- Working in Racking
- Short course
- Customer premises. A suitable machine, loads and suitable enclosed area will be required for the sole use of the training
- This course is aimed at persons who have some previous experience (possibly self-taught) and familiar with the operation of the machine. Students are required to provide satisfactory evidence of existing skills
- Once this course is completed students may undertake further training in driving various other types of plant equipment. Opportunities exist in the Retail and Distribution Industry for successful students to gain employment as forklift drivers
- Once this course is completed students may undertake further training in driving various other types of plant equipment
- Opportunities exist in the Retail and Distribution Industry for successful students to gain employment as forklift drivers