Emotions can influence the way we act and react in the workplace. It is the ability to recognise our behaviours, moods, and impulses, and manage them in a positive way so that we can communicate effectively, empathise with others, manage stress, overcome challenging situations and defuse conflict. This half-day workshop with 1:1 coaching following afterwards will help you build stronger relationships, succeed at work, and achieve your career and personal goals.
At the end of the course, you will understand the five core competencies of emotional intelligence: self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation and social skills, and also includes key interpersonal skills. You will learn to develop and implement these competencies to enhance your relationships in work and life, by increasing your understanding of social and emotional behaviours, and learning how to adapt and manage your responses to particular situations.
- What Emotional Intelligence is, and how it differs to intellectual intelligence
- Why Emotional Intelligence matters
- How Leaders can use the five core competencies
- Understanding and categorising Emotions
- The Atlas of Emotions
- Emotional Intelligence self-assessment
- One-to-one coaching on self-assessment questionnaire
This course is for you if…
- You lead or work with other people, no matter what size the organisation.
- You want to understand more about how emotions impact on people and how we choose our behaviour.
- You want to develop a better understanding of yourself and others to enhance personal and professional relationships.
- Gain an insight into emotional intelligence, what it is and how you can use it
- Understand the five core skills required for emotional intelligence
- Develop self-awareness and self-management of personal emotions
- Explore ways to develop your personal emotional intelligence
- Recognise emotions in others, and respond to those emotions in order to inspire high performance
- Understand the consequences of behaviour and weigh decisions before action
- This trainer led course is delivered in a virtual classroom over a half day session, with 1:1 calls in the afternoon
- Thursday, 4 June (am & pm)