This course enables candidates who have experience on Counterbalance Lift Trucks transfer their skills to operate Narrow Aisle Man Up truck, it follows a carefully devised programme and is designed for those with proficient experience to build on their basic skills.
As the course is delivered in the workplace familiarisation and job specific training can be carried out alongside basic training and is aimed at operators who are required to operate very narrow aisle man-up forklift trucks.
The course is approved by the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB). Training is undertaken within the working environment. The course length is 20 hours delivered over 2/3 days as required. There are both written and practical tests to conclude the course.
The following areas are covered:
- Health and Safety
- Controls and Instruments
- Basic Manoeuvres
- Working the truck within narrow aisles under automatic guidance
- Hydraulic System and Controls
- Pick-up and setting-down loads using the man-up functions
- Associated knowledge assessment
- Practical skills assessment
- Short course
- Customer premises
- Candidates are required to be competent in the use of counterbalance trucks or reach trucks
- Once this course is completed students may undertake further training in driving various other types of plant equipment
Opportunities exist in the Retail and Distribution Industry for successful students to gain employment as forklift drivers