This course enables candidates who have experience on Counterbalance Trucks to transfer their skills to a side tracker. The course follows a carefully devised programme and is designed for those with proficient experience on counter balance or reach trucks to build on their basic skills.
It is aimed at those operators who have previously received formal basic operator training on counterbalance or reach trucks and are appropriately certified to operate a side tracker.
Depending on venue course can be adapted to carry out job specific training.
The course is approved by the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB).
On completing this 20 hour course participants will be able to:
- Operate the side tracker safely in accordance with accepted good operating practice
- Understand the causes of instability of loads and truck
- Carry out correctly the routine peruse inspections of the truck
- Short course
- Customer premises
- Candidates are required to provide satisfactory evidence of existing qualification or skills
- Once this course is completed students may undertake further training in driving various other types of plant equipment
Opportunities exist in the Retail and Distribution Industry for successful students to gain employment as forklift drivers