This course is designed for those wishing to take up a career in accounting and financial administration within a range of organisations. Both this HNC and HND: Accounting are suitable for a wide target audience including school leavers, adult returners to education, and those in employment wishing to formalise their skills.
You will gain a range of competencies required by employers, allowing scope to develop and progress in a variety of functions within organisations. In addition, you may progress to further academic and professional qualifications either prior to taking up an accounting position or parallel to it.
- Recording financial information
- Preparing final accounts
- Using financial accounting software
- Cost accounting
- Management accounting using IT
- Accounting options
- One year full-time
- Two years part-time (evening)
- Two years part-time (day release)
One of the following:
- Two Highers at Level C or above in relevant subjects plus four National 5s at Level C or above or equivalent (see our Qualifications Explained section for details)
- Foundation Apprenticeship: Accounting SCQF Level 6
- Advanced Certificate: Enterprise and Business with Accounting, including a minimum of two units at SCQF Level 6
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
In addition, internal applicants will also require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR).
- Successful completion allows direct progression to year 2 of HND: Accounting SCQF Level 8
- BA Accounting with Finance SCQF Level 9
- Fife College has defined articulation routes in place for this course
- Successful completion could also allow direct articulation into year 2 of degree programmes at many universities
- An interview may be required to evidence your ability to study at this level