This qualification is suitable for learners who are employed within the Facilities Management sector and working in to seeking to progress to a supervisory and/or management role.
The specific aims of the HNC in Facilities Management are to develop the learner's knowledge and skills in relation to:
- The role facilities manager.
- The role and management of support services operations within a Facilities Management context.
- Stakeholder relationships an a Facilities Manager's role in the management of these.
- Health and Safety in relation to Facilities Management.
- Sustainability and environmental issues and their impact within a Facilities Management environment.
- The management of people both within individual teams and the wider Facilities Management industry.
- Project management as a tool for Facilities Managers.
- Financial management within a Facilities Managers context.
- Facilities management strategy and its use within the business environment.
The HNC has been primarily designed to be delivered to learners who are working within the field of Facilities Management and can utilise their skills and experience:
- Any relevant group award at SCQF level 6
- Any two National Qualifications at SCQF level 6 together with three passes at SCQF level 5 or above
- An SVQ at SCQF level 7 in a relevant area eg. Facilities Management
- Different Combinations of relevant and equivalent qualifications form other awarding bodies
- Relevant work experience for those without relevant qualification applicants work experience will be considered
- Courses that a student can progress onto at Fife College
- Courses that students can progress to at other institutions - including formal articulation routes at university.
- Middle management and senior management within the facilities management sector.