This course will provide an insight into the waste management, recycling and resource recovery industry.
It is designed to allow you to develop knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the modern waste sustainable resource management sector. This should help you to perform more effectively in the various roles which might be expected of you during a career in the waste sustainable resource management sector.
The course will give you the required knowledge and understanding of the waste sustainable resource management sectors to enable you to understand the complexities of the sector.
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM). By attending CIWM accredited courses, you will be eligible for free membership to CIWM for the duration of the course.
This course provides an excellent qualification for staff in the wastes management, recycling, and resource recovery industry providing a basis for future career and personal development.
It has been designed to develop the competencies required to perform effectively and enhance specialist skills in technical and operational management.
A number of areas relevant to sustainable resource management will be covered including the following mandatory and optional units:
- Permitting and Operational Practice
- Waste Policy and Legislation
- Materials and Resources
- Science and Technologies
- Graded Unit 1
- Personal Development Planning
- Project Management: An Introduction
- Human Resource Management: Introduction
Other optional units:
- Sustainable Resource Management: An Introduction
- Job Costing and Business Calculations
- Sustainable Development
- Plan an Environmental Management System
- The course is delivered over two years with two residential weekend workshops per year and support with online learning through our virtual learning environment (VLE)
- The residential workshops are a good way to establish a network of contacts and provide support for each other throughout the duration of the course
- The course is continually assessed throughout the two years.
- The assessments are designed to contextualise learning back into the workplace
- The course will involve approximately 300 hours of study and course work
- You will need to self-organise and develop a disciplined approach to regular work
- As it is a distance learning course, it is available to candidates throughout the UK
- You should be employed or seeking employment within the Waste Management, Recycling, and Resource Recovery Industry
- School leavers with relevant level of qualifications would be considered
- £1,250 per year (two year course)
- This course will help you to develop sustainable competences to progress within this sector
- Applications are open all year round for this distance learning course
- Please visit the Fife College website to apply for this course